Women’s College has a registered Alumni Association for building a strong bond between alumni and present students. The alumni give support to the students through interaction, guidance, and placement. The Alumni Association of the Institute is called WCAA i.e. Women’s College Alumni Association. This was registered under the office of the Registrar of Societies under the Societies Registration Act of 1860, Govt. of Tripura with Registration No. 4431 of 2004. The office headquarters of WCAA is in the premises of Women’s College, Agartala. The mission of the Alumni Association is to foster a mutually beneficial relationship between the Institute and its alumni. Alumni meet is arranged regularly.
Objectives of the Alumni Association:
- To encourage and promote close relations between the Institution and its alumni and among the alumni themselves.
- To promote and encourage friendly relations between all members of the alumni body, an interest in the affairs and well-being of the Institution.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding their Alma Matter, its graduates, faculties, and students, to the alumni.
- To initiate and develop programs for the benefit of the alumni.
- To assist and support the efforts of the Institution in obtaining funds for development.
- To serve as a forum through which alumni may support and advance the pursuit of academic excellence at the Institution.
- To guide and assist alumni who have recently completed their courses to obtain employment and engage in productive pursuits useful to society.
- To organize and coordinate reunion activities of the Alumni and let the Alumni acknowledge their gratitude to their Alma Mater.
- To collect, publish and distribute such information as may be useful to the alumni and their Alma Mater.
Activities and Contributions
- WCAA visits orphanage and distributes food packets to the orphans every year.
- Alumni have donated funds/food packets to assist the Poor & distressed people during the outspread of COVID-19 in the year 2020.
- Alumni organizes awareness program, felicitation program for distinguished personalities, who are the alumni of this college.
- Alumni gave Guest lecturers to the institution to deliver popular talks/Lectures etc. on some contemporary issues.
No of Meetings Held in 2020-2021: 16